Really? Do you think there are “yoga poses” that cause you any harm?
Confused? Ok, then let me ask you – How yoga can cause you harm?
By breaking your bones or shooting you by a gun?
No!. It cannot.
Yoga has no physical body like you and me. Therefore, yoga cannot hit you by stick or shot you by gun.
It is just a form of exercise that you have to practice and get benefited from.
And while practicing or overdoing it, you yourself cause injury and thus say – yoga caused you harm.
Yes! there are yoga poses that cause you harm.
But only when you-
- practice without any prior knowledge about them.
- practice them yourself without any guidance of an instructor when new to yoga
- are not enough flexible to do advance yoga poses.
- practice them at the time when they are not recommended (like doing forward bending poses while pregnency, doing head stand with neck injury, etc.)
So, what does it mean?
It means that yoga poses don’t cause you any harm. You yourself cause harm.
Asanas. Benefits. Precautions!
Each and every asana has its own benefits and precautions.
If you are a beginner or new to yoga then have a good yoga book explaining how to do the yoga postures? What are its benefits and precautions to take while doing them.
Or even better, go to a experienced teacher/instructor to learn yoga near you.
And when going to learn yoga from a teacher or an instructor, always tell them about your health problem you may have, before the class begans. Even if you are a dialy yoga practitioner.
And if you are an instructor, its also your duty to ask your students once about their health problems they may have.
Because sometimes when students don’t or forget to tell and get injured while practicing any posture, they blame the instructor for it.
Mainly students who get injured while practicing yoga are –
- the students who already have health issues like neckpain, backpain, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- the students with low flexibility
- and the students with little or no yoga knowledge.
Stay alert the next time you do yoga. And if you get injured, blame yourself, not yoga.
So, what do you think? Yoga causes you harm or you yourself cause harm while practicing it? Share your thoughts by commenting below!
P.S. –Sharing is caring. So, don’t forget to like and share the post. 🙂